Signs of Prolonged Stress
- Feeling tired, flat, down or worn out
- Indigestion or acid reflux
- Muscle tension causing a stiff jaw or neck
- Comfort eating or loss of appetite
- A weakened immune system and more vulnerable to infections
- Constantly worrying with ‘ricocheting’ or intrusive thoughts
- Difficulty concentrating, forgetfulness and lack of focus
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Anxiety, panic attacks and depression
- Negative thoughts and feeling detached from others
- Poor sleep quality and waking up tired, or sleeping too much
- More irritable, snappy or angry
- Reactive anger and impulsivity
- Avoiding certain places or people
- Needing coffee, energy drinks or sugar to keep going
- Drinking or smoking more
Relaxing Mind and Body Through the
Vagus Nerve with the Tomatis® Method
Stress might be part of our daily lives. Learning how to manage it is key, but not always easy to attain.
If our brain has adapted due to trauma, we can also do something to rewire it back to a good condition. Through neuroplasticity or the ability of the brain to change in structure and function, the Tomatis® Method provides a neuro-sensory integrative approach to trauma and recovery.
Dr. Tomatis pointed out that high-frequency sounds such as in classical music stimulate the brain, compared to low-frequency sounds such as rock music that can drain energy. The cortex requires enormous amounts of stimulation to remain dynamic, to think, and to operate with vitality. The Tomatis® Method uses specially filtered high-frequency music of Mozart, which is very energising. This is balanced with relaxing and calming Gregorian Chant to promote deep relaxation, which can even slow down the heartbeat and breathing. By “charging” the cortex and reducing the tension, the Tomatis® Method not only maximises one’s capabilities but also encourages a more balanced life. By stimulating the ear-brain connections, the Tomatis® Method awakens and establishes the desire to communicate and learn again.
Please note that the Tomatis® Method is an educational approach that cannot be considered as a medical treatment. In cases of serious difficulties, we suggest you use the Tomatis® Method as complementary support to a therapeutic or medical treatment and continue to follow the advice of your medical practitioner.